DOWNSTREET ART – THE MURAL PROJECT
DownStreet Art is pleased to announce a call for artists for a mural project as part of the 2012 season. This is a great opportunity to make a mark in the history of North Adams. MCLA’s Berkshire Cultural Resource Center will partner with the City of North Adams, MASS MoCA, local real estate and artists to realize a series of murals throughout the City. Please read details carefully and fill the application accordingly. DownStreet Art welcomes individuals or groups. If you are a duo/trio or a group of artists willing to realize a mural together please apply!
Image from Alef.net
DownStreet Art 2012 will run from June 28th till October 25th. It will begin with a kick-off celebration on June 28th and will hold five “DownStreet Art Thursdays” on June 28th, July 26th, August 30th,September 27th and October 25th (with all galleries hosting opening receptions and downtown performances).
Please note that as a public art project, DownStreet Art – The Mural Project is dependent on available spaces, sufficient funding and adequate staffing. While we are planning for 2012, the number of available walls (and thus opportunities) is uncertain at this time. What we do know is that the City of North Adams is a art-friendly environment where locals and institutions support art and artists.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
DownStreet Art invites one and all to submit proposals for a mural project. Work has to be realized between June 1st and October 25th. In occasion of DownStreet Art Thursday, we will organize a big ribbon-cutting celebration to inaugurate the mural. DownStreet Art Thursdays will take place on June 28th, July 26th, August 30th,September 27th and October 25th. If you have an idea, a project or a proposal that does not fill our requirements, please contact us. We would love to discuss this opportunity with you.
DownStreet Art welcomes international applicants!
- Realizing a mural downtown North Adams, Massachusetts
- Artist(s) is required to submit a proposal, possibly including renderings or images of past work, to be realized in Summer/Fall 2012 in North Adams.
- The work can be realized during the month before any of the DownStreet Art Thursday although it has to be finished in conjunction with one of the dates above.
- The proposal has to specify a time frame.
In case of acceptance of the proposal, DownStreet Art – The Mural Projectwill provide a location and will
- Locate the wall and provide for measurements.
- Aggressively market the realization of the mural, as well as branding DownStreet Art and North Adams. Marketing materials will include, but not be limited to street signage, printed art maps, events calendar, weekly e-blasts, vibrant web presence (including links to all major cultural institutions, city governments and Berkshire Visitor’s Bureau, ads in programs for all major area museums, press releases etc…).
- Be in North Adams for the time he/she/they will be working at the project.
- Provide for tools.
- Market the work on view.
- Participate in DownStreet Art activities such as DownStreet Art Thursday (last Thursday of each month between June 28th till October 25th) according with the time frame specified in the proposal (for instance, if your project will take place between July 26th and October 25th you will be required to join DownStreet Art Celebration on Thursday, August 30th, Thursday, September 27th, and October 25th).
- Participating in education activities and workshops in relation with your exhibition when possible.
DEADLINE APRIL 5, 2012
Questions? Please contact email@example.com