DSA 2018 is right around the corner and we’re excited to partner with new and old gallery/creative spaces including and YOU!
Apply by June 10, 2018.
The following opportunities are available.
- Apply for a Window Exhibition
- Apply to lead a community sidewalk mural project
- Apply to be a performer/vendor/volunteer at a DSA Thursday event.
More information about these opportunities:
Window Exhibitions will take place at 49 Main St
interior view – Window @49 Main
Four Sidewalk murals will be painted around North Adams
DownStreet Art invites artists interested in community engagement and social practice to work with the North Adams community and collaboratively realize sidewalk murals. Murals will be painted with community participation during DownStreet Art Thursday events on: June 28, July 26, August 30 + September 27. All sites are located within the new North Adams Cultural District and have been pre-selected by DownStreet Art staff and approved by the City of North Adams. For site locations/dimensions and information go here. Of particular interest are concepts that reflect North Adams’ physical or cultural landscape, contributing to a local sense of place. A successful proposal will present a strong aesthetic and conceptual point of view, addressing community engagement strategies as well as the constraints of realizing a community project within a limited timeframe.
image/inspiration from NoBo Arts District.
Apply to participate as a local business/musician/performer/vendor at a DSA Thursday event.
Some suggested ways to participate:
- Host an exhibition or activity in your space
- Offer a special item/discount to incentivize the 63% of DSA visitors who report making a purchase during our events
- Make an artwork to share with the community
- Collaborate with another business, organization, or group.
- Volunteer with us! It’s a great opportunity to meet the community!
- Be creative!
- Fill out the short intake form ASAP to ensure that you are represented on the appropriate marketing materials.