DownStreet Art 2016 – Call for Exhibitions
submit your application – Applications accepted March 15 – April 15, 2016
About DownStreet Art
DownStreet art is a program of MCLA Berkshire Cultural Resource Center (BCRC) a non-profit organization that provides professional development, training, resources and support to the artists, art managers and creative workers of Berkshire County.
Designed as a creative placemaking project to revitalize downtown North Adams, DownStreet Art exists to build economic and social capital and encourage the dialogue between our community and the arts. DownStreet Art does this by enlivening downtown North Adams using art and cultural activities to increase visitorship and enhance resident participation.
The theme for DownStreet Art 2016 is Meet Your Neighbors, and in an effort to highlight the amazing talent of local artists, we are limiting proposals to artists living or working within 20 miles of North Adams, MA.
About DownStreet Art Exhibition Call
DownStreet Art will continue to offer exhibition opportunities to established and emerging artists in unconventional spaces – including business and bank gallery walls. These spaces are best suited for framed, 2D or wall-hung work in all mediums. New exhibitions open on each DownStreet Art Thursday scheduled for June 30, July 28, August 25, September 29.
For selected artists or projects, DownStreet art provides the location, installation and marketing for the duration of the exhibit.
The Artist/Curator is responsible for the cost of delivering or shipping the work. All work must be received framed and ready for installation.
Exhibitions will last 1-2 months.
- DownStreet Art shall compensate the Artist 70% (seventy percent) of the selling price.
- DownStreet Art shall retain a commission of 30% (thirty percent) of any sale conducted through the exhibition.
How to Apply:
- Submit an artist statement or curatorial proposal detailing your proposed use for the space (limit 500 words)
- Provide the following attachments
- A current CV or Resume, not to exceed 3 pages
- 5 – 10 examples of your work in .jpg format at least 1MB in size. 300dpi, minimum of 1000px on longest side.
Application Deadline is April 15, 2016; Notifications May 2, 2016
Call for entry opens – March 15
Applications submitted – March 15 to April 15
Proposal Review – April 18 – April 29
Notification Date – May 2
Exhibitions dates (between) – June – October, 2016