Call for Proposals – DownStreet Art Projects
submit your application – applications open March 15 – April 15, 2016
The theme for DownStreet Art 2016 is Meet Your Neighbors, and in an effort to highlight the amazing talent of local artists, we are limiting proposals to artists living or working within 20 miles of North Adams, MA.
About DownStreet Art Projects
In an effort to expand the reach of DownStreet Art and engage the larger community DownStreet Art 2016 will sponsor family-friendly art projects at city/community events. Each artist will be provided with an Artist fee of $300 and DownStreet Art will reimburse up to $200 in supplies and materials used for the event.
About the Artist fee:
- 50% of the Artist fee will be paid in advance (30 days before project)
- the remaining 50% of the fee will be paid upon the successful completion and de-installation of the project
- supplies will be reimbursed within 30 days of receiving receipts and completion of reimbursement form.
DSA Projects will take place on the following dates:
- July 9 – Eagle Street Beach Party
- August 10 – Downtown Celebration
- August 14 – Levitt Amp kick-off concert
- August 28 – Motorama
- September 16 – 18 – Freshgrass festival (1 day)
- October 2 – Fall Foliage Parade
How to Apply:
- Submit a project proposal detailing your proposed project, how it provides an experience for an audience with various levels of art experience/knowledge and aligns with the mission of DownStreet Art. (limit 500 words)
- A current CV or Resume, not to exceed 3 pages
- Up to Six (6) images for jurying: Up to 3 images of past work and up to 3 images of your proposed project. Images of your proposed project may be sketches, studies, renderings, photographs of assembled elements or examples of complete projects if the project has been realized in an earlier incarnation. Please note images of both past and proposed images are required.
Application Deadline is April 15, 2016; Notifications May 2, 2016
Call for entry opens – March 15
Applications submitted – March 15 to April 15
Proposal Review – April 18 – April 29
Notifications – Notification emails sent May 2, 2016